Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pixie Update


My Pixie haircut

Growing out pixie



If you will remember back to the beginning of this blog, I talked about cutting my hair into a pixie hairstyle and I posted some pictures. Well it's been growing out, and I was recently searching for cute haircuts ideas for a growing out a pixie. Which everyone said would be very painful, but so far I haven't found it to be that way. I searched and searched for pictures and ideas, and really found nothing, except for a small mention of cutting the back neck area.


My hair was starting to get a little flippy at the back, which was cute, except that it would also lay flat and was beginning to look like a dreaded mullet. So I cut the back and voila, new cute hairstyle, at least better, in my opinion, than a mullet. I am personally a very LOW maintenance girl, and hate doing anything with my hair, hence the pixie haircut, so in order for my growing out bangs to look a little less awkward, I just pin them to the side, and that seems to do the trick. I'm sure gel, or some sort of cream would work as well, but what did I say, LOW maintenance. It works for me at least, and hopefully now it can just grow for awhile, until it needs a little more trimming in the back. So this post is for anyone out there that had the same questions about growing out a pixie that I did.


Who knows, maybe I'm the only one, but there it is!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, but the shorter pixie looks so nice on you...! I'm not so sure about this one. Still cute though. ~Max

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI From Denver ,Colorado ! Thanks for your blog! I don't know if you are still growing out, or if you have gotten to your goal length. But I had my last "cut" 1/2 inch on back and sides, 5/8 inch (higher) sides , and 1 1/2 inch on top) around the end of December. Then decided ok I really want to grow out to a chin length bob. Wish I would of decided to do this BEFORE I cut it !
    Just wanted to know how it's going for you through the grow out phase.
    --shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing with all lengths! I realize this post is from over a year ago but how long did your hair grow in a matter of 8 months? I am debating a pixie due to a dye job gone horribly wrong but i'm getting married in 8 months and i want to have a pretty updo for that day. The other factor is that i have naturally curly hair so i have an intense fear of having short hair and looking like puffy mushroom haha. any advice?

    ReplyDelete