Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Gypsy Caravan


I have been intensly working on finding the right program to finish my Bachelors degree, so I have been very bad about my blog. I am still going to do my knitting, and keep my shop open, because the programs I'm looking at are online. So I will hopefully be posting some new items soon!
I have discovered this amazing documentary/movie called The Gypsy Caravan. It's wonderful. It follows a group of gypsy musicians, on tour, from all over the world (Spain, India, Romania, etc.). Gypsy is actually not a correct term for this group of people, they call themselves Romani, or Rom. They are the true gypsies. There are a lot of misconceptions about what a gypsy actually is, and this documentary is a real life account of their exceptional musical talent and heritage. Check it out! Oh and if you like Johnny Depp, he is interviewed in the documentary, because he is friends with one of the bands. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment