Thursday, August 6, 2009

Free People Collages








I have loved Free People for many many years. Their catalogs are always so artistic and gorgeously done, and the clothing is a piece of art as well. I love their blog too, I check it almost daily. So earlier this summer I was starting to feel a little frustrated and creatively blocked. Selling knitted goods at my online shop, in the summer, NOT SO EASY!!! :)
I had been wanting to make some sort of collage out of my Free People Catalogs for awhile now, but I couldn't stand to cut up the catalogs that I keep and save every month, but I ended up with a few double copies, and finally just sat down and did it. I collaged only Free People images and a few of my own fabric scraps, and modge podged them to some board that Hubby saved for me from a construction job. So the whole project was pretty much recycled. I had so much fun that I made TWO!!!! Now I have something pretty to look at on my walls everyday, and a little bit of inspiration as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment