Friday, July 17, 2009

New Hat and Carly Simon














Ever since I saw the cover of my Mom's Carly Simon record No Secrets, I have had the image of Carly Simon's unique fashion style imprinted on me, especially her hat. Then as I got older I saw this image of Sienna Miller in a magazine, in a hat reminiscent of Carly's. And just yesterday I finally found my version of these two hats, in a thrift store that just opened in my town. I couldn't believe it! It's the perfect hat for everything, reading outside, hiking, etc. I have not taken it off since I walked out the thrift store's door.
I am currently reading the book Girls Like us and I found myself falling in love with Carly Simon's style all over again. It's so timeless, you could wear any of the above outfits today and look completely stylish. Those tall boots, that poncho, that floral dress, SO CUTE! Check out the book, which also includes Joni Mitchell and Carole King, it's a good read so far!
And I discovered last night that Carly Simon has her own blog here

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and had to comment. I am a long time fan of Carly's and I too adore that hat.
    I see that you knit and crochet. I do x-stitching myself but my daughter is an avid knitter and spinner. This is her knitting blog:
    http://knittingscholar.com/

    ReplyDelete